Posted by andrew on September 22, 2011
Encounter amazing people and places while exploring the challenges they face—join an NCP Learning Tour!
- Nepal January 5-17 Leaders: Monita Rai, David Radcliff ($1050/$950-student—plus air fare)
Poverty and beauty in the shadow of the Himalaya; Hindu culture; one-day trek; focus on women’s empowerment
- Harrisonburg, VA April 19-23 Leaders: Tom Benevento, Aaron Johnston ($300/$250)
Visit our Sustainable Living Homestead and learn about permaculture, organic gardening, greenhouse construction, energy efficiency and more
- Ecuadorian Amazon June 13-22 Leaders: Delio, David Radcliff ($1150/$1075)
Explore the rainforest—pink dolphins, monkeys, toucans—and the threats to it, guided by Siona leader Delio
- Guatemala or Dominican Republic (determined by 12/11) July 12-21 Leader: Tom Benevento ($675/$600)
Experience communities filled with gracious but impoverished people; learn why they are poor
- Denali/Kenai Fjords, Alaska August 2-9 Leaders: Daniel and David Radcliff ($850/$750)
Mt. McKinley, moose, bears, dall sheep in Denali; whales, orcas, puffins, glaciers at Kenai
- Arctic Village, Alaska August 9-17 Leaders: Charlie Swaney, David Radcliff ($875)
Learn about Gwich’in native culture in sight of the Brooks Range; camp and hike in Arctic National Wildlife Range
Leave a comment, and if you'd like your own picture to show up next to your comments, go get a gravatar!