The youth program is for Jr. High and High School students grades 6-12 and is led by Youth Director Kimberly Hallman.
Check back with us in the Fall!
It’s been a long year, and then some! We’ve spent a lot of time apart, but we are looking forward to a new beginning!
We have several youth who have moved up or will be moving up to the Jr. High program this year! Keep an eye out for future activities and programs for this age group!
- Sat. June 6th from 6am to 2pm. We will be offering 2 time slots for the youth to sign up. The early shift is 6am - 10am and will help set-up. The last shift is from 10am to 2pm and will help clean-up.
- Lebanon Valley College (Annville, PA). We will leave at 8:30pm on Friday and return by 7am on Saturday. Bring comfortable clothes, bathing suit and towel for swimming and be prepared to be awake ALL NIGHT!
- We will start the Easter Egg Hunt prep on Friday at 3pm and will work until 7pm. We will dye eggs, make chocolate eggs, make baskets and have our egg drop contest. Dinner will be provided. On Saturday, we will start at 8am and hide the eggs for the hunt that starts at 10am. We will be done by 11am after the clean-up.
- We will need a commitment for those attending no later than Sunday, March 22nd. We will leave on June 19 at 5pm and eat on the way. We will return at 1:30pm and we will eat on the way home. The cost is $80 plus the 2 meals we eat on the way out and back.
- We are doing a Corbi's fundraiser for workcamps. The forms will be available on Sunday 3/8 and will need to be returned by Sunday 3/29. Orders will be delivered to the church on Thursday, 4/16 and can be picked up that evening.
- All children from infants to fifth graders are invited to Green Tree’s annual Easter Egg Hunt! Please meet in the Sanctuary at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 26th, and shortly after that we will be off hunting for eggs! Rain or Shine! The congregation is invited to contribute hard boiled, non-colored eggs for the hunt. If you would like to donate hard boiled eggs, please mark “Egg Hunt” on the carton and bring them to the church during office hours. The eggs are needed by 3 p.m. on Friday, March 25th.
- We will meet at the church at 5:30pm and will return by 9:30pm.
- Jr. High Youth Sponsored Easter Egg Hunt April 19th at Green Tree Church The annual Easter Egg Hunt, sponsored by the Jr. High Youth Group, will be at 10 a.m. on Saturday, April 19th. All children from newborns to fifth graders are invited to attend. There will be colored eggs and a few prize eggs to find and each child will receive an Easter basket filled with jelly beans and candy eggs. Donations of Hard-boiled Non-colored Eggs are needed by 3 p.m. on Friday, April 18th. Please mark the cartons “Egg Hunt” and bring to the church during office hours.
What is NYC?National Youth Conference, or “NYC,” is a Brethren tradition that dates back to 1954. Every four years, youth from across the United States (and sometimes beyond) travel to Colorado State University in Ft. Collins, Colorado for an incredible week-long youth conference! Typical attendance is around 3,000. Youth who have completed 9th grade through one year of college are eligible to attend. The week includes worship twice a day, small groups, workshops, service projects, recreation, hiking in the Rocky Mountains, and more! It is a full week with lots of exciting activities, but there is a good balance of time for reflection and down-time as well.
NYC 2014 ThemeThe 2014 National Youth Conference theme is “Called by Christ, blessed for the journey together,” based on Ephesians 4:1-7.
I therefore, the prisoner in the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, making every effort to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.At NYC, we will listen to who Jesus calls us to be and what he calls us to do. We’re inviting everyone to come and experience the unity that is created when the whole denomination gathers together, and we’ll work to discover what our spiritual gifts are so that we can live out our calling and bless those around us on this journey. You are invited to this extraordinary journey with Christ- see you there!
- Every year the youth decorate the church for the Christmas season. There are three different Christmas trees in the church, greenery all around, wreaths, managers and much more. The youth really work hard to get it all up and transform the church.
- The youth served a lovely Italian style lunch this past council meeting and would like to thank the congregation for their support. Remember to support them in future meals so that you don't go hungry during the meeting!